Audio Over IP Interoperability with AES67
Many competing Audio over IP protocols have emerged over the last several years and have been implemented in certain markets by various manufacturers. However, equipment using incompatible Audio over IP protocols often needs to be part of a single system. Without an interoperability standard, designers and integrators have been forced to modify their equipment choices or abandon audio networking altogether, sacrificing the flexibility of an IP solution.
The AES67 standard provides interoperability between the predominant Audio over IP protocols in use today. AES67 was developed by the Audio Engineering Society, published as an open standard in 2013, and most recently updated in 2018. In 2017, SMPTE published ST 2110, a standard for professional video over IP, which uses AES67 as the audio transport. AES67 is an interoperability standard that acts as a translator between protocols.
To take advantage of AES67 within a networked audio system, all system components must have implemented AES67 by itself or on top of their native protocols. Therefore, it is highly advisable to research what is implemented on the specific devices that will interconnect via IP within a design.
AES67-Enabled Products from Extron
Extron offers a full lineup of Audi over IP and AV over IP products that allow AV integrators to include networking technology into a variety of applications. These products deliver reliable performance and flexibility in the distribution of AV signals, and many additional integrator-friendly features to meet your audio system needs.
For system designs where required devices utilize differnt AV over IP protocols, AES67 provides interoperability between AES67 capable devices on the network.
These Extron products have implemented AES67:
DMP 128 Plus AT
Extron DMP 128 Plus AT models send out 24 channels of digital audio and can receive 48 channels over a Dante network.
- DMP 128 Plus AT 12x8 ProDSP Processor w/Dante
- DMP 128 Plus C AT 12x8 ProDSP Processor w/AEC, and Dante
- DMP 128 Plus C V AT 12x8 ProDSP Processor w/AEC, VoIP, and Dante
DMP 128 C P AT
Extron DMP 128 C P AT models send out 24 channels of digital audio and can receive 56 channels over a Dante network.
- DMP 128 C P AT 12x8 ProDSP Processor w/AEC, POTS, and Dante
NetPA 502 AT
The NetPA 502 AT Dante-enabled audio power amplifier delivers two channels at 50 watts into 4 ohms.
NAV Pro AV Over IP Solutions
Extron NAV encoders and decoders support AES67 for transmission of audio over IP networks, facilitating integration with DMP 128 Plus DSPs or other AES67 compatible audio components.
- NAV 10E 101 10G Pro AV Over IP Encoder - HDMI
- NAV 10E 501 10G Pro AV Over IP Encoder - HDMI, Ethernet, and USB
- NAV 10SD 101 10G Pro AV Over IP Scaling Decoder - HDMI
- NAV 10SD 501 10G Pro AV Over IP Scaling Decoder - HDMI, Ethernet, and USB
- NAV E 101 1G Pro AV Over IP Encoder - HDMI
- NAV E 501 1G Pro AV Over IP Encoder - HDMI, Ethernet, and USB
- NAV SD 101 1G Pro AV Over IP Scaling Decoder - HDMI
- NAV SD 501 1G Pro AV Over IP Scaling Decoder - HDMI, Ethernet, and USB