Last Updated and Effective Date: 5/25/2022
Extron cares about your right to privacy. This policy explains how we intend to handle any personal identification information you give us online. It does not apply to personal identification information that we collect offline. Personal identification information enables us to identify you, your e-mail address, name, business, etc.
your privacy is important to us
the personal data we collect about you
We collect your personal data when you engage our Services. This may include your name, location, phone number, fax number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing information and history, Extron account information (including usernames, passwords, and social titles), employment information (including title, department, identification number, history, and responsibilities), financial and payment information, and education information (including identification numbers and organization information from Extron Institute).
the reason why we collect your personal data
The personal data we collect helps us address your needs, provide our Services to you, and carry out our business and legal obligations. Specifically, the personal data that you provide to use enable us to:
- Provide and deliver the products, services and other materials you request and send you information related to your purchase of products or services, including confirmations and invoices
- Send you technical notices, software and firmware updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages
- Provide you information about our products, services, offers, promotions and events, and other news
- Improve your experience by allowing us to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities
- Exercise and defend legal claims
- Carry out other purposes that are described to you at the time the information is collected
whether we share your personal data with others
We do not sell your personal data to third parties. We may, however, share your personal data with service providers, such as cloud storage and software service providers, who help us provide the Services.
Moreover, we use Google Analytics as a service provider to track and report website traffic and usage based on your web usage or your computer’s browsing activity over time and across websites.
You can read more about how Google Analytics uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also use Microsoft Clarity as a service provider to track and report website traffic and usage based on your web usage or your computer's browsing activity over time and across websites, and to provide Microsoft Advertising. You can read more about how Microsoft Clarity uses your information here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement. You can also opt-out of Microsoft Clarity telemetry by selecting Microsoft here: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
We may also share your personal data, if necessary, to:
- Comply with domestic and foreign laws
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by domestic and foreign authorities
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate domestic and foreign laws
- Exercise or defend legal claims
Further, we may share non-personal data with other parties only when the information has been de-identified or aggregated.
Lastly, we may transfer to a third party personal data as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
how we protect your personal data
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, in order to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you transmit to us, and by using our Services, you acknowledge this risk. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary.
retention of personal data
Your personal data will be retained for the time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations. Thereafter, we either delete your personal data, de-identify it, or keep the data in aggregate form so that the data can no longer be used to identify you.
Our Services are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 18. In addition, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. Only adults 18 years or older are allowed to use our Services.
do not track notice
This website does not currently support certain browser settings or otherwise respond to Do Not Track requests. You can find out more information about opting-out of interest-based advertising at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
notice to european union residents
For the personal data processing activities described above, Extron is the controller, and can be contacted below, as indicated in the "Contact Us" section.
European Union Data Subject Rights
Under the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), you have the following rights if you are in the European Union, under certain circumstances and grounds, while we are in possession of your personal data.
- Right to obtain confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data, and information regarding the processing;
- Right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to decision making based solely on automated processing;
- Right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller (i.e., "data portability");
- Right to unsubscribe from marketing materials;
- Right to withdraw consent to any consent-based processing activities; and/or
- Right to lodge a complaint with relevant supervisory or other authorities.
Purpose of the Processing
Personal data is collected, recorded, sorted and saved, as described above, to comply with our contractual obligations, to fulfill our legal obligations, for our legitimate business needs, and pursuant to your consent. Personal Data is processed by service providers, as described above.
Consequences of Failing to Provide Personal Data
It is optional for you to provide us your personal data. However, if you do not provide us your personal data, you may not be able to receive some or all of our Services.
Sensitive Personal Data
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you do not disclose to us Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic/biometric/health data, or information regarding your sex life or sexual orientation).
International Data Transfers
Extron is a global business based in the United States. Extron and our affiliated companies have offices and facilities in worldwide locations, including Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, and North America. Your personal data may be transferred to other Extron affiliated entities, as well as to service providers who may process your personal data on our behalf.
Our customers and the users of this website may be located anywhere in the world. The privacy laws in some countries may not provide protections equivalent to those in your country of residence, and your government may or may not deem such privacy protections adequate. We may process your personal data in, or transfer your personal data to, the United States or other countries which have been deemed to have an inadequate level of protection for personal data. In the event of such transfer, we will implement safeguards in accordance with GDPR requirements. You can request more information about such measures by getting in touch with Extron through the "Contact Us" section below.
For Users in the United States: email@example.com
For Users in Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org